Thursday, February 7, 2013

Right to Information Will Open Doors into Working of Haryana Public Relations Department



Today I sought Information under right to Information Act from Information and Public Relations Department, Haryana whose Chief does not recognize Internet as Media in Information age.

To know more about working of Haryana’s Information and Public Relations Department and its dealings with those media to whom its Head considers them as media of Haryana masses (Except Internet), I sought following information from State Public Relations Officer (RTI) of Department:

“I Dinesh Singh Rawat resident of Chandigarh want following information under right to information act of your department:
1.    Please supply me the certified copies of Files noting Pages and Correspondence pages of file related to special media advertisement campaign launched by your department with effect from November 2012 to till date.
2.    You are also requested to furnish me the certified copies of information file noting pages, correspondence pages of budget provisions for above said media advertisement campaign
3.    Please inform me weather your department has taken permission from Prime Minister of India, Manmohan Singh, UPA chairperson, Mrs. Sonia Gandhi and others government of India dignitaries to publish their photographs on your advertisements if yes then supply me the copies of those permissions and if not the reason therein for not doing so
4.    Please supply me the names of media organizations and amount of advertisements issued by your department/ Samvad society from 1/1/2012 to till date.
5.  Please furnish me the criteria/ advertisement policy /plan as per which you are issuing advertisements and also inform me whether your department is following the same in issuing advertisements to different media organizations if yes then ok and if no then supply the copies of cases where these were not followed w.e.f 1/1/2012 to till date.”

I hope that the Haryana’s Information and Public Relations Department will furnish the information within timeline prescribed under Right to Information Act .

No comments: