Wednesday, August 15, 2012

After 65 Years India’s Independence Day Only Means for Media Advertisements, Political Saltues


Today was India’s 65th  Independence Day , a day when India got Independence on August 15, 1947, a Day in India  completely marked for doing nothing, means Public Holiday, so I was left with no option to stay at my home.

First, I passed my day’s early hours in morning walk and then swimming, after that I picked up newspapers to further pass my stay, But failed to get anything as all of them were fully flooded with Advertisements especially  full pages of different Governments at cost of Public exchequer.

While throwing these pieces of papers , a thought came to my mind that after 66 years of independence , the Independence day has become  a day only to bribe Indian media, especially Newspapers through public funds in name of Advertisements.

Also, new emerging local breed of Indian Politicians find this day to exhibit themselves publicly and show their loyalties towards their political bosses by publishing advertisements with their photos with their leaders, This act of small time leaders make their capacity building in media to get some space in News portions, when required.

Then I decided to step out my feet out of my House for patrolling the City Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula to gauge the public mood on  Independence Day, But failed to  see in three cities falling in UT, Punjab and Haryana.

Official Functions at Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula presided over by Former, Home Minister of India, and now in his political exile, Mr. Shivraj Patil, Governor, Punjab and in Panchkula, Haryana Governor, Mr. Jagannath Pahadia, which made cities roads more congested ultimately causing hurdles for commoners, in whose independence name these political leaders are playing their power games in India for past 65 years.

In nutshell public is fully indifferent with what was going on in the name of Independence day celebrations , only Indian polity and Indian media are two which are directly or indirectly benefited out of Independence day celebrations.

Last not the least, today experience has opened an new idea in my mind that the budget spend on Independence day celebrations in name of advertisements for media and functions if counted would be enough to liberate as many Indian living in extreme poverty state of the one small State of India for poverty.

I Convey my Independence day Greetings to all for Indian living in extreme poverty state that someday they may get independence from poverty.

Jai Hind

No comments: